Happy international women's day!
Happy international women's day everyone!
The 8th of March is a global day celebrating the social, cultural, economic and political achievements of women. It is also a day to inform and educate people on equality and the struggle of being a woman in today's society.
Here are a few things that I think is unfair:
- We pay luxury tax on tampons and pads. The world would be very red if we weren't able to wear these necessary things and why it is considered a luxury is beyond me. It is not a luxury to bleed about 60ml each month (tmi? don't care!)
- World economic forum says The Global Gender Pay Gap won't close until 2186.
- 4.2% of the Fortune 1000 companies have female CEOs
- We can tolerate (ehh) pain. Period pain, giving birth, all that jazz. What do men have to go through?
And here are a few things I think is awesome:
- We can grow a baby inside us. It is the most amazing, mind blowing thing ever? Your body can grow another human being? Insane.
- We can feed another human being by simply being a woman. Insane.
- We, apparently, have a stronger immune system and we live longer.
- We are awesome. That's all.
I am so fortunate to be surrounded by women and men who inspire me to be a better person. My current circle of friends are seriously the best ever.
On another note, there's been a lot of "happy Noelle day" and "happy international women's day" at work today, and that's fine. But I'd rather you stood up for me, your female friend, business partner and mother. Post something on your socials. Don't just shout "happy women's day" but show that you actually care about equality.
At work we've been treated to these.. crispy, soggy, chocolate thingy's and they are actually very delicious. We've also got a donation box!
After work I'm going to a IronZuu class at Virgin Active and then to my bf's house to hang out and catch up.
Do you celebrate international women's day? If so, what will you do? :)